Why every podcast needs a community
Today’s guest is the lovely and bubbly Michelle Frechette. Michelle does a little bit of everything: coaching, public speaking, website evaluation, writing, podcasting, and she is a WordPress expert. Her mission is to help people and she accomplishes this by working with non-profits around the world.
In this episode, Matt talks with Michelle about the importance of building a community. They share stories and tips, including the launch and journey of Michelle’s podcast (“WP Coffee Talk”), different types of community engagement, and how to best use that engagement for the benefit of your listeners as well as yourself. They also talk about the role that James Lipton and Inside the Actors Studio played in Michelle’s podcast and how podcasting isn’t like Field of Dreams.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much! Never miss another show by subscribing at castos.com/subscribe.
Today you’ll learn about:
- Michelle’s journey and background
- The importance of community in the podcasting world
- How new podcasters can break into the podcasting and a niche topic community
- The format for Michelle’s podcast and the story behind it
- How Michelle approaches community-building with various brands
- Community as a “tool to solve communication issues”
- Being a part of a community without actively engaging
- Accountability and keeping community members on track
- How Michelle built her community
Big Orange Heart: https://www.bigorangeheart.org/
Michelle’s Website: https://worksbymichelle.com/
Castos Academy: https://academy.castos.com/
Castos, private podcast: http://academy.castos.com/private/
Castos, website: Castos.com/
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Clubhouse video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8729ZpWpmIw
Brought to you by Craig Hewitt from Castos of Audience