Deep dive into podcast advertising with Bryan Barletta
In this episode, Craig talks with Bryan Barletta from Sounds Profitable about advertising in podcasting. Sounds Profitable is a free, weekly newsletter about adtech in podcasting. Advertising can be such an intimidating process. Where do you start? Who do you talk to? Where do you go? What connections and relationships should you be building? Bryan answers these questions in today’s episode.
If you have any questions about this episode or want to get some of the resources we mentioned, head over to Castos.com/podcast. And as always, if you’re enjoying the show please share it with someone who you think would enjoy it as well. If you have a quick moment in this busy holiday season, please leave us a review on iTunes. It is your continued support that will help us continue to help others. Thank you so much!
Today you’ll learn about:
- Anchor’s ad process versus podcasters who want to curate their own ad revenue
- Questions you need to ask yourself before you look for ads/sponsorship:
- What type of money do you want to get out of it?
- Why are you doing what you’re doing?
- Different types of monetization
- Podcasting as a hobby versus podcasting as a career
- The benefits of dynamic ads and dynamic content insertion
- Dynamic ads, like cryptocurrency
- Ad opportunities and making ad calls accessible
- Programmatic versus dynamic ad insertion
- Tips on best practices
- The right mindset in order to be successful
- The future of Sounds Profitable and Bryan’s mission statement
Sounds Profitable, website: https://soundsprofitable.com/
Podnews.net, website: https://podnews.net/
Castos, website: Castos.com/
Castos, YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/castos
Brought to you by Craig Hewitt from Castos of Audience